Utter domination. The Spurs controlled the entire game and won by 21 points. I’m running out of ways to express how well the Spurs are playing. So here is just a list of some facts.
- Tim Duncan passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for most postseason minutes played in NBA history.
- Tim Duncan also passed Magic Johnson for most postseason double-doubles in NBA history, with 158. That is nearly two full seasons worth of playoff double-doubles.
- Tim Duncan is 38 years old.
- Kawhi Leonard had 20 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. The last player to put up a line like that in a Finals game? Tim Duncan, in 2003.
- Kawhi Leonard is only 22 years old.
- Boris Diaw had 8 points, 9 rebounds, and 9 assists. Last player older than 30 to do that in a Finals game? Michael Jordan in 1997.
- The Spurs join the 1960 Boston Celtics as the only teams in NBA history with three or more 15+ point wins in a Finals series.
- The Spurs are the first team in NBA history to win two Finals road games by 19+ points.
- The Spurs have won 11 playoff games by 15+ points, a record for a single postseason.
- The Spurs are the first team in the shot clock era to shoot 55% or better from the floor in three games of a single Finals series.
- Teams with a 3-1 series lead are 31-0 in NBA Finals history.
One more win. Go Spurs Go!